Sunday 2 March 2008

Canon 1D MKIII

I have had a number of e-mails asking how I am getting on with the Canon 1D MkIII given the number of problems many photographers are having with this camera. The simple answer is I am Not getting on with them at all. My two bodies have both been returned and refunded due to focus problems after the Canon sub mirror fix.

I feel at this time Canon have dealt very badly with the situation and it will cost them in the long term. The 1Ds MKIII camera I tested just didn't work for me. I found the camera very slow and just not right for my needs. I will be sticking with my present cameras for some time. Having been happy with the MKII versions for some I see no reason to change bodies.

I am sure Canon will have some plans up their sleeves to compete with the new Nikon bodies. I have looked at both the Nikon D3 and D300 and must say I was very impressed. For my needs, the 12mp and full frame combination of the D3 would be ideal but the fast Canon lenses such as the 50mm F1.2 win the day for me.

Keep the e-mails coming and I will do my best to respond as soon as possible.

No comments: